RV Solar Mounts in BC | Everything You Need to Know for the Summer Camping Seasongalagassi@gmail.com
With the summer weather in full swing, you’re looking to enjoy the most out of the beautiful Canadian weather. One of the best ways to enjoy the summer is by camping, and what better way to see the beauty of the Canadian wilderness than by travelling in a Recreational Vehicle (RV)?
Hub Power is a proud distributor of solar panels across BC that can help you create your best summer to date while helping you save on propane and electricity costs. Solar panels have been a prominent choice for RVers across Canada, as the features and fixtures of a solar RV can be much more cost-efficient than running a propane generator. Hub Power is a professional motorhome solar panel distributor in BC that can create a perfect motorhome wherever the Sun is shining!
Find out how installing solar panels on your RV will help you reduce costs while feeling great about choosing a sustainable solution for your travel!
How many solar panels do I need to run an RV?
The answer will depend on the size of your RV and how much electric power you are trying to generate. A modest travel trailer that draws 30 amps and does not have many appliances will not require the same amount of solar panels as a 30-foot diesel pusher. Further, the number of solar panels you will need on your RV roof will be dependent on the amount of electricity you’re using.
Generally speaking, most RVers travel with between one and three 100-watt solar panels, which can generate around 30 amp-hours daily. If you require any assistance in determining the right solar panels for you, we are always happy to help you choose the best solar solutions for your needs!
What are the benefits of powering my RV with solar panels?
- Even the smallest amount of solar wattage can power your RV, costing you less in the long run compared to a power generator!
- Solar panels can extend the life of your RV battery by 75%. Instead of replacing your expensive batteries, choose the lithium batteries that work with solar panels and can last up to 10 years!
- It’s clean and quiet, and does not produce any waste and smells.
- Solar panels are virtually maintenance-free. No moving parts and nothing to break, so you can focus on taking in the sights of your surroundings worry-free!
- There is no burning of natural resources and fuels, helping preserve the environment
What do I need to install the solar panels on my RV?
The simplified way of the solar panels working to power your RV is that the panels route to a solar charge controller, which sends the energy that has been produced to an onboard battery system. The inverter is then used to convert the energy from DC to AC power, enabling your appliances and gadgets to function.
All the elements that are configured to work for your RV, along with the solar panels are:
- Charge controller used to regulate the flow of the energy current
- An inverter to convert the DC power from the panels into function AC
- A battery monitor that keeps track of your battery levels and how many amp-hours are available
- A wire harness to carry the charge from the panels to the batteries
Happy Camping with RV Solar Panels that are cost-effective and eco-friendly!
It’s time to make the summer of 2021 the best one yet! If you want to explore the untamed glory of Canada with your RV, go with the sustainable and affordable option of solar panels! Contact us today for further information and we can give you an affordable quote for your RV needs.
Call us at 604-420-7737 to speak to a qualified representative!